Saturday, November 10, 2007

In Oslo, Norway, Day 2.5 (AKA: OMG BACKPOSTAGE BECAUSE I WAS LAZY)

So I went to a museum in the fort that was on Norway's resistance when they were taken over by Germany. The most striking thing about it? A wall of guns. I don't know why it was there (the explanation was in Norwegian) but when I saw it I thought of a certain someone who would appreciate it.
*coughMichaelcough*
It was kinda scary to behold.

After the Museum, I went across the street to the City hall. I really liked the statue out front... The Swans are so pretty, and in a strange way, romantic.
At least I think so. I think I'm going to play with this picture ot see if I can get rid of the buildings, so you just see the swans against the blue sky.
The inside of city hall. It was actually kinda funky decor, but I liked it. Very impressive in the way that you could kinda tell they wanted to intimidate you. I think I accidentally snuck in, there wasn't a person at the desk so I just walked in and followed behind a tour. I think I went to some places I wasn't supposed to go, but if you walk like you know like you're going somewhere, and you hung your coat up before you got in so it isn't obvious you're a tourist, and your camera bag kinda looks like a purse, well, nobody stopped me. A lot of my pictures didn't turn out so well though.
But this was my favorite room. It was a beach scene, with NAKED PEOPLE. YEY! I love Scandinavian sensibilities about Saunas, nudity and HEY HERE I AM NAKED.
Ok, next to the Tiger's Balls, I loved this. See what the little boy is doing? *giggles*

On a much more serious note... notice all the people in the painting are Blonde. Norway is so ethnically homogeneous.
More imposingness- but look at the medallion above the door with the horsie!
Swans! They were all over the place, and they never told us in English WHY. I wanted to ask, but I wasn't REALLY part of the tour.
Seen through a window while wandering around an open air market.

The great thing about Oslo, is if you have a map it's really hard to get lost. The Main street runs the length of the main part of the city, and almost impossible to get lost. This is good for me, because I decided to be adventurous and go to an outdoor market in a part of the city that wasn't as touristy. It was a lot of fun, but I wasn't quite comfortable taking a lot of pictures, because there were a lot of ethnic people there and I didn't want to seem rude.
Duckies!
And this guy was just hanging out on the street made up of... I think computer parts. Or odds and ends. It doesn't really matter other then he was REALLY COOL. And he has a tail. And a staff. And ARMOUR. Coolness.

And that was my second day in Oslo

3 comments:

Commodore said...

Yey a whole wall of rifles...I think those are either Mauser M38's or Mosin Nagants, I really can't be sure...I sure wish I could have been there with you...you've seen so many things that make me so envious.

And no, I can't tell what the little boy's doing, the picture is kinda blurry when viewed in the full size, so it's hard to tell. Is he pissing or something?

And those arn't computer parts love, hate to break it to you...just gears and springs and other mechanical odds and ends.

Love you!

Unknown said...

My first thought when seeing those guns was, Oh, Michael is the one that needs to see this. I spent sevral minutes trying to take a good picture, the lighting was really strange.

Yes, he's peeing. I think it's charming, in a very raw sort of way.

I didn't really think so, but some of them were, I swear! There was some type of THINGY on his butt. *shrugs* And if not, it's still a cool statue.

Anonymous said...

The last guy the metal one I really thing you are right that it is made from computer junks but looks great actually ;)
Great pictures and nice post.

Greetings holiday apartment london

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
AddThis Social Bookmark Button Expat Women Blog DirectoryExpat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas Travel Top Blogs Create a Blog
Travel Blogs Top Travel blogs