Saturday, November 10, 2007

In Oslo, Norway, Day 2 (AKA: OMG BACKPOSTAGE BECAUSE I WAS LAZY)

So on my second day in Oslo it was beautiful out, if cold. I decided to go walking to my destination (Main Street) a slightly different way, and I happened to come across this guy.

"Tyger Tyger burning bright, in the forests of the night...." except, not.
GRRRR! Oh look, you can kinda see it here, but his tail is all shiny while the rest of him is rather dark in color. That's because (as I discovered) his tail is really comfy to sit on. And attempting to climb on him is A LOT OF FUN.
His nose is also just a little shiny, from having people rub it. Now, you might ask why I'm calling this Tiger a guy. HE COULD BE A GIRL! (In fact, I thought of him as a girl until I sat on his tail and noticed this:
*Insert profuse snickering and me nearly falling off of the tail in surprise* AHHH! GINORMOUS BALLS. He's going to make his girlfriend happy.
I couldn't reisist a picture of him, even if my arm wasn't long enough to get us both fully in the picture. THIS GUY was HUGE!!!


I then proceeded to go visit Oslo's REALLY COOL FORT. Now it serves as a University for Norway's military type people, but it was sooo cool to wander around in. I took lots of pictures. (Hey, at least I'm consistent!)

But before I got there I had to stop and take a look at some stuff.Like this guy dressed up to be Mozart playing the... I actually have no clue what it is, but it was really cool. The next day there was a big game in the city, and he dressed up half and half- one half for each team. The street bussers in Oslo are so much more entertaining!
Tehehehehehe. There are lions all over the city, but this was one of my most favorite statues.

I came across this store while walking down to the fort, which specialized in really beautiful, handmade traditional Nordic clothing. SEE? (Look down)
The view from the fort walls of Oslo's harbor... or part of it. Oslo has lots of harbors.
View of City Hall (to be talked about later.)
A building in the fort. REALLY COOL!
LOOK AT THE WALLS! THEY'RE MASSIVE!
Another view of the harbor. It was beautiful.


A view of the cool house, the big walls, and a strange statue.

Cannons! Who doesn't like cannons? And it's so pretty!
This Church is the oldest building in Oslo, and was what the fort was built around. Because churches are just that cool. And pretty.
Me with a Cannon! *Grins*
Cool doorway that drops down 30 feet.
See? I was looking off rom the top of that tower on the other side!

So now, because this post is really long and we've only just gotten through the first half of the day, I shall post this and work on the second half of the day.

2 comments:

Commodore said...

*snickers* only you would post a picture of a statue's balls darling :-p.

And is the Fort you are refering to Akershus Fort, kind of like a castle on the harbor front? If so, I'm incredibally jealous, it's definately on my places to visit as one of the coolest military structures of all time...it's never been captured by anyone.

Unknown said...

Yes, it is Akershus Fort. It's not quite a castle... at least from my perspective. Although it does have a "slott" in it, which is a word for castle, or some similar structure. But sure, yes, that's the place. I have more pictures! I just ran out of space to put them up in. I'll show them to you sometime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
AddThis Social Bookmark Button Expat Women Blog DirectoryExpat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas Travel Top Blogs Create a Blog
Travel Blogs Top Travel blogs