Tuesday, October 23, 2007

For your Viewer Entertainment

On impulse, because I had the camera with me the other day in Swedish when we were working in the language lab, I decided to take some video of me Singing in Swedish, just so you could see how far I've come!

So, with no further ado, I bring to you, JEN Singing in Swedish! (also, take note that I've only had barely two months of Swedish so my pronunciation is TERRIBLE. If your a Swede, please don't get offended.)

The song is about the days of the week, and how the person doesn't do anything on any of the days because of various reasons.


And yes, there is a second song, as if the first wasn't embarrassing enough... It's a love song, but a lighthearted one. The lines proceed something like this, Do you like me? Yes, I do. (another question) (another affirmative) It's cute, and it's an ear-worm.


In other news, I FINALLY managed to send the package off. Now, you might think this isn't that hard of thing to do, but consider this: In Sweden there are no post offices. You're local grocery store or novelty shop could be part of the postal service. Now, this is great because there are better hours and it's more efficient now that the government isn't funding it, but it also means for us Ignorant Americans who can't read Swedish, Finding these places is rather difficult, seeing as the indication that they are a post office is normally a small sign which I CAN'T READ. So I go into different places asking for directions to the local post office. And well... me and directions... let's just say that it made the whole thing an adventure.



PS: Just got finished looking at my blog counter, and yesterday was a record-breaking day with 28 Views by 17 individual computers. That breaks the day we had 20 views with 15 individual computers. *does dance* How cool is that?

Also, just a reminder, if you feel any type of urge, go ahead and comment in the comments section. I fixed it to people can actually comment now.

5 comments:

Commodore said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH! VIDEOS OF YOU!!! SOOOO CUTE!!!! *grins*

The first part of the first song there made me think you were singing in like chinese or korean or some language like that.

You are absolutely beautiful hon! I love you!

Unknown said...

No, I'm not THAT talented. Chinese or Korean is entirely beyond me. Trust me, you didn't see the half hour of practice I had before I was even able to sing those songs.

Next I'm going to try to learn the song about Drunken Elves. Apparently it's a Christmas song... and I just like the subject matter.

I have more video, I'll have to find some time to put it up...

Commodore said...

I must say that both of these songs are quite catchy, even though I don't know what the heck they're about. I have the second one stuck in my head right now... allthough that may come from listening to it all too much :-p

Unknown said...

ear worm! It's an ear-worm I tell you!

Anonymous said...

Dude, Michael... That isn't even close to sounding like Korean or Chinese. But I guess the ignorance of Americans still hasn't reached it's limit (good god, seriously? Korean?!). Even I can tell that's not Korean or Chinese and I'm not even close to being Korean or Chinese. I'm Swedish. How did that one taste, ignorant American?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
AddThis Social Bookmark Button Expat Women Blog DirectoryExpat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas Travel Top Blogs Create a Blog
Travel Blogs Top Travel blogs